In April 2005, Gov. Rod Blagojevich issued an emergency rule, bypassing the usual regulatory process, mandating that every Illinois pharmacist must dispense all “contraceptives” (including...
In response to:
This is another example of the Democrats' war on women.
A court has recently stopped Illinois from enforcing a rule that denied freedom of conscience to pharmacists. This is a cause for celebration and an excellent legal win. But as the left reacts hysterically to the supposed lack of access to Plan B that will result, one pharmacist’s story perfectly demonstrates the fundamental flaw at the core of any effort to deny freedom of conscience: compelled violations of conscience won’t expand access, they’ll reduce it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 12 hours ago