In response to:
The Roman Empire was overextended and had to pull back. I'm talking militarily overextended. We're not militarily overextended. We're fiscally overextended.
In my last installment in this series I argued that talk show host Glenn Beck was raising legitimate concerns about the state of the nation, but that he had a history of predictions of imminent disasters which did not pan out. Why didn’t they? After all, the left really does have a strong totalitarian bent. No nation is guaranteed eternal life, let alone eternal prosperity and hegemony. And the United States is, indeed, aggressively moving in the wrong direction.
So why didn’t the dollar collapse? Why is it still the reserve currency of the...
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 44 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 15 hours ago