The movie I'd force these socialists to watch would be the 1984 version of Red Dawn. Hell, I'd also throw in the 1987 ABC miniseries Amerika, and the 1983 ABC movie about a nuke attack, The Day After, and Alec Baldwin in the 1990 movie The Hunt For Red October, (based on Tom Clancy's 1984 novel of the same name).
Before there was “The Daily Show” and the Internet, there was one outlet where Generation Xers like me got their news: “MTV News” and its host, Kurt Loder.
After attending two years of college, Loder was likely to be drafted into the Army during the Vietnam War, so he joined in order to get into the journalism school. For the Annenberg Foundation’s “News Writing” series, he said, “So...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago