The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
I hear you, Mof4! We used to be able to buy chicken breast or even a whole chicken. We now buy chicken thighs with the skin and the bones as even skinless, boneless chicken thighs has increased in price. We no longer buy pork, except bacon and sausage. On your second point, the poor get fat because they also buy large quantities of junky, highly-processed foods. Some of that is because it is cheap! The other part is the lack of nutritional education. I don't know where you live, but here, they have eliminated a lot of programs like home economics.
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bad news from Pelosi: Republicans winning the Senate would be the end of civilization Allahpundit 3 hours ago