The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
I hear you, Mof4! We used to be able to buy chicken breast or even a whole chicken. We now buy chicken thighs with the skin and the bones as even skinless, boneless chicken thighs has increased in price. We no longer buy pork, except bacon and sausage. On your second point, the poor get fat because they also buy large quantities of junky, highly-processed foods. Some of that is because it is cheap! The other part is the lack of nutritional education. I don't know where you live, but here, they have eliminated a lot of programs like home economics.
- McCain: I want Ted Cruz to apologize to Bob Dole Allahpundit 25 minutes ago
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago