What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Get what you pay for? In 1909 the president was paid the equivalent of One Million Seven-Hundred and Fourteen 2012 Dollars. The President was the Statesman, (although not flawlessly such) Theodore Roosevelt. In 2012 the presidential salary is the equivalent of about Seventeen Thousand 1909 Dollars. And the be-squatter and be-manurer of the president's quarters is an overtly-corrupt failed Chicago Crime Family-connected street agitator, who has never managed a night shift at a Seven-Eleven -- nor a day-shift in a Dubuque Iowa cab! Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 18 hours ago