What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Get what you pay for? In 1909 the president was paid the equivalent of One Million Seven-Hundred and Fourteen 2012 Dollars. The President was the Statesman, (although not flawlessly such) Theodore Roosevelt. In 2012 the presidential salary is the equivalent of about Seventeen Thousand 1909 Dollars. And the be-squatter and be-manurer of the president's quarters is an overtly-corrupt failed Chicago Crime Family-connected street agitator, who has never managed a night shift at a Seven-Eleven -- nor a day-shift in a Dubuque Iowa cab! Quod Erat Demonstrandum.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 23 minutes ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago