The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:59 PM
That last question makes me laugh. He translated it into English. You could ask the same question about the Holy Bible. It was a translation from Hebrew and Greek. Did Moses speak in King James English?

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:56 PM
We don't bow down to the oxen if that is what you are implying. Some Christians find having a picture of Christ to be idol worship. Other believe having a Christmas tree to be the same. Where does the line get drawn? Well, look at Exodus and you will see what idol worship really is and is not. It is when the people bow down before the idol and claim it is their god.

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:50 PM
Joseph Smith ordained a black man to the priesthood. Go to blacklds.org for more information on that one. Also, in South Africa they were still practicing apartheid and it wasn't until after this was done away with that the church, which is a world wide church, allow all men to have the priesthood. Another point, Christ told the Samaritan woman he did not come to her but to the Jews. He called her a dog. My point..God's ways are not mans ways. Cain was cursed. His descendants were not cursed. We believe men will be punished for their own sins. His DNA was changed and his children would end up looking like him. I don't see this as an issue.

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:45 PM
Just like the many KKK members who lynched many blacks and hung them in trees for looking at a white woman were never prosecuted.

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:42 PM
Psalm 82:6 "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." St. John 10:34 "Jesus answered them [speaking to the Jews], Is it not written in the in your law [only see it in the psalms aka the hymns of the Jews], I said, Ye are gods?" 1 John 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be; but we know that, when he shall appear, [WE SHALL BE LIKE HIM]; for we shall see him as he is." I guess this is why the Pharisees called Jesus a blasphemer because he and his Apostles taught the same thing.

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:42 PM

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:35 PM
Have you read it from cover to cover and prayed to know if it is from God? Or do you take someone else's word that it is not of God at it? Or perhaps you just think you know it is not from God and will not bother to ask Him in prayer if it is? Have you fasted and prayed in earnest to know it is true and receive your answer from God? Just wondering...So, if it is not true; then which of all the Christian faiths out there is true? Which one is the one Christ created? There can be only one way to God. "Broad is the way, narrow is the path". "One Lord, One Faith" Why do all these Christians doctrines disagree?

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:35 PM

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:30 PM
...the best for her in her marriage and want her to have a happy life just like my dad decided to walk me down the aisle, make-up and all. He realized it was my wedding and I was going to do it my way. Isn't it all about the Bride anyway and what she wants? She is starting a new family and I am sure she does not want you to have any hard feelings as one day you will be the poppa to her children. I truly hope you can come to terms with all of this and speak to her, if you have not already done so or if not speak to her again.

The Truth About Mormonism

bkwm5000 Wrote: Apr 16, 2012 4:26 PM
I feel bad for people in your situation, but you should be happy your daughter has chosen to get married. I am guessing you are going to the reception. I guess she could have eloped and then no one would have come to her wedding. I can't imagine how hard it is for a dad who is suppose to walk a daughter down the aisle must feel. I know my dad who was a preacher did not want to walk me down the aisle because I wanted to wear make-up because of his religious beliefs (he's not LDS). I had to put my foot down and thankfully he changed his mind. I hope you can find peace in all this and talk to her about your feelings unless you already have. I am sure she would love to discuss this with you. In the end I know you love her and hope...