As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event was orchestrated and planned to receive maximum public attention, even if the event itself was really unimportant. Pseudo-events merely look important, because the media and the public agree to act as if they are. As Boorstin explained, the pseudo-event is not something that happens by...
There has never been a default and wouldn't be one here either...correct, as long as you pay the interest on the debt..you will not default....don't increase the debt ceiling, pay the interest and cut non-essential debt expenses - there are plenty to go around - I know I could find them rather easily..for one: cancel foreign aid or at least cut it - we simply cannot afford it..pass a budget and stick to it.
Watching the American scene in the 1960s, historian Daniel Boorstin, invented the idea of the “pseudo-event.” The rise of television and modern mass media had produced a transformation of the news business, so that what now mattered was not if an event was important, but only if it was “newsworthy.”
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago