Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
You just proved all my points on my last posts. Thank you for being a TOTAL IDIOT!!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 6 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago