Arizona's SB 1070 anti-illegal immigration bill heads to the Supreme Court today for arguments. The legislation has been dubbed one of the nation's "most controversial" and most "anti-immigrant" laws in the country, but the truth is, the legislation really isn't controversial at all. SB 1070 simply allows local law enforcement, the same officers who deal with the criminal consequences of illegal immigration everyday, to ask people regardless of skin color, for proof of citizenship after a crime has been committed (for more information about what's really happening on the border and what our local law enforcement officers are up against,...
me24BO Wrote (11:25 AM): "Birdman in most states you need show you are legally here to get a License . just thought I would educate you LOL " I showed my BC the first time I applied for a license. Since that first time, I have never had to re-show my BC to renew that license. My BC shows I was born in Chicago. Is that what you were attempting to educate me about? My grandparents who came from Europe had to show their entry visa to show they were legal immigrants in the country to get their licenses and then their citizenshipt papers when applicable. Thereafter, they simply renewed the license with no further show of documents. Is that what you wanted to educate me about?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago