In April 2005, Gov. Rod Blagojevich issued an emergency rule, bypassing the usual regulatory process, mandating that every Illinois pharmacist must dispense all “contraceptives” (including...
In response to:
all wars have been financed on credit. There is no other way of paying for wars, except looting the defeated people of course. Our Revolutionary war the Civil war and our World wars 1 & 2 & Cold, were all financed on huge credit. Credit is not the question, rather--is the war for survival or some other reason? If the war is for some other reason, is the reason sensible and honorable enough to justify financial credit and blood?
A court has recently stopped Illinois from enforcing a rule that denied freedom of conscience to pharmacists. This is a cause for celebration and an excellent legal win. But as the left reacts hysterically to the supposed lack of access to Plan B that will result, one pharmacist’s story perfectly demonstrates the fundamental flaw at the core of any effort to deny freedom of conscience: compelled violations of conscience won’t expand access, they’ll reduce it.
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 43 minutes ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 4 hours ago