As promised, we're updating our chart showing the number of publicly-traded companies that have acted to decrease their dividends through the end of October 2012 - providing what might perhaps be the simplest and best near-real time picture of the state of the health of the U.S. economy (our thanks to S&P for the updated data - that was quick service!).
In October 2012, S&P recorded that some 2,471 publicly-traded companies making declarations regarding their dividends, with 165 announcing dividend increases and 26 announcing they would cut their dividends.
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago