As promised, we're updating our chart showing the number of publicly-traded companies that have acted to decrease their dividends through the end of October 2012 - providing what might perhaps be the simplest and best near-real time picture of the state of the health of the U.S. economy (our thanks to S&P for the updated data - that was quick service!).
In October 2012, S&P recorded that some 2,471 publicly-traded companies making declarations regarding their dividends, with 165 announcing dividend increases and 26 announcing they would cut their dividends.
- Pew poll: Majority of Republicans think GOP isn’t doing a good job on spending, immigration, and gay marriage Allahpundit 43 mins ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsberg to liberals: You really think Obama can replace me? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Building blocks of the GOP Senate majority coming together Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jim Webb: I’m seriously thinking of running for president as a Democrat Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Climate change so important that cable news ignored Obama’s UN speech Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Bill O’Reilly: Why not raise a 25,000-man global mercenary army to fight ISIS? Allahpundit 4 hours ago