As promised, we're updating our chart showing the number of publicly-traded companies that have acted to decrease their dividends through the end of October 2012 - providing what might perhaps be the simplest and best near-real time picture of the state of the health of the U.S. economy (our thanks to S&P for the updated data - that was quick service!).
In October 2012, S&P recorded that some 2,471 publicly-traded companies making declarations regarding their dividends, with 165 announcing dividend increases and 26 announcing they would cut their dividends.
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 4 hours ago