As promised, we're updating our chart showing the number of publicly-traded companies that have acted to decrease their dividends through the end of October 2012 - providing what might perhaps be the simplest and best near-real time picture of the state of the health of the U.S. economy (our thanks to S&P for the updated data - that was quick service!).
In October 2012, S&P recorded that some 2,471 publicly-traded companies making declarations regarding their dividends, with 165 announcing dividend increases and 26 announcing they would cut their dividends.
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago