The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
That does it. Make our service men and women live on gruel and heat their homes with burning sticks.
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 48 minutes ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal interventionists silent on ISIS’s medieval brutality Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 4 hours ago