The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
That does it. Make our service men and women live on gruel and heat their homes with burning sticks.
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 42 minutes ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago