The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Get ready to live on pottage middle class. Pottage "commonly consisted of various ingredients available to serfs and peasants". So, get yourselves a big old cauldron to hang over your twig fire, scrape your plates into the cauldron instead of the garbage can and pray that you don't get food poisoning The bright side is that it would eliminate obesity..
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 5 hours ago