The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Get ready to live on pottage middle class. Pottage "commonly consisted of various ingredients available to serfs and peasants". So, get yourselves a big old cauldron to hang over your twig fire, scrape your plates into the cauldron instead of the garbage can and pray that you don't get food poisoning The bright side is that it would eliminate obesity..
- Protip from Reid: Bundy supporters are “domestic terrorists,” y’know Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- Video: Ukraine deal not exactly embraced by either side Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago