The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Get ready to live on pottage middle class. Pottage "commonly consisted of various ingredients available to serfs and peasants". So, get yourselves a big old cauldron to hang over your twig fire, scrape your plates into the cauldron instead of the garbage can and pray that you don't get food poisoning The bright side is that it would eliminate obesity..
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago