A month ago, I presented the case for why Fed Chairman Bernanke would have strong motivation to launch another round of quantitative easing (QE) before the election. In short, it would save him his job. Now, I didn't predict with certainty that he would do so - only the few men at the FOMC knew that for sure - but it seemed likely. Shortly thereafter, Bernanke not only announced more stimulus, but promised to keep it flowing to the tune of an additional $40 billion a month until conditions improve. As I had written, this is essentially the election...
If there isn't enough gold in circulation to back up our dollar, perhaps it's because China has and still is buying it in large quantities.
- Next co-host of “The View”: Meghan McCain? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare premiums in MN heading for double-digit increases? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Finally: Obama nominated for his first Emmy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago