Could be true...with Harry Reid, you never know. (I notice he was careful to point out that someone "told" him that...so he's covered from any slander suit.) But suppose...because of legal tax credits, and deductions...Romney didn't pay any tax for ten years. Who's more to blame for that: The person (Romney) who had no influence on exactly what the law was, but only paid what it required him to pay, or the person (Reid) who has been a Senator, and therefore in position to help make or change the tax laws?
These remarks are unworthy of the Democrat leader of the US Senate. In them, Harry Reid uses weasel words to accuse Mitt Romney of being a tax evader -- without claiming any personal knowledge but an alleged tip from an unnamed "Bain investor."
If Mitt Romney were not a public figure, this would come pretty darn close to slander. And note that Reid himself has declined to release his own tax returns. Does that mean that he, likewise, has something to hide?
Imagine the media uproar if Mitch McConnell announced that some conveniently-...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 3 hours ago