Could be true...with Harry Reid, you never know. (I notice he was careful to point out that someone "told" him that...so he's covered from any slander suit.) But suppose...because of legal tax credits, and deductions...Romney didn't pay any tax for ten years. Who's more to blame for that: The person (Romney) who had no influence on exactly what the law was, but only paid what it required him to pay, or the person (Reid) who has been a Senator, and therefore in position to help make or change the tax laws?
These remarks are unworthy of the Democrat leader of the US Senate. In them, Harry Reid uses weasel words to accuse Mitt Romney of being a tax evader -- without claiming any personal knowledge but an alleged tip from an unnamed "Bain investor."
If Mitt Romney were not a public figure, this would come pretty darn close to slander. And note that Reid himself has declined to release his own tax returns. Does that mean that he, likewise, has something to hide?
Imagine the media uproar if Mitch McConnell announced that some conveniently-...
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 16 hours ago