Could be true...with Harry Reid, you never know. (I notice he was careful to point out that someone "told" him that...so he's covered from any slander suit.) But suppose...because of legal tax credits, and deductions...Romney didn't pay any tax for ten years. Who's more to blame for that: The person (Romney) who had no influence on exactly what the law was, but only paid what it required him to pay, or the person (Reid) who has been a Senator, and therefore in position to help make or change the tax laws?
These remarks are unworthy of the Democrat leader of the US Senate. In them, Harry Reid uses weasel words to accuse Mitt Romney of being a tax evader -- without claiming any personal knowledge but an alleged tip from an unnamed "Bain investor."
If Mitt Romney were not a public figure, this would come pretty darn close to slander. And note that Reid himself has declined to release his own tax returns. Does that mean that he, likewise, has something to hide?
Imagine the media uproar if Mitch McConnell announced that some conveniently-...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago