Verrilli should have just stepped aside and let Elena Kagan argue for the Affordable Care Act. She's the one who helped write it, and plot defense strategies and arguments for its approval. Unless, of course, we are to believe that...while serving as Solicitor General of the United States...she took her checks without doing any of the work that the taxpayers were paying her to do.
Obama caught himself overreaching in warning the Supreme Court on his healthcare overhaul. By preemptively declaring the law “constitutional,” which is precisely what the Court will spend the next three months deciding, he has raised the specter that any other verdict would be the reverse. In so doing, he has created a public relations problem that will translate into a political one, if he is not extremely careful.
On April 2, Obama sought to compensate for what many have called a lackluster Administration defense before the Supreme Court of the President’s healthcare overhaul. He overcompensated. His assertion that he...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Conservatives get a big 2014 boost from ‘fatal blow’ to Obamacare Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- On the other hand: Fourth Circuit upholds ObamaCare subsidies for federal exchange consumers Allahpundit 3 hours ago