In response to:
There's one more key point about Obamacare that I haven't heard anyone talk about, John: Insurance costs are based on statistics compiled by actuaries, who project future costs with formulae based on past costs. Because it costs more to insure male drivers than female drivers, for example, men have to pay more for car insurance...which is only fair. And since it costs more to insure females than males, women have always had to pay more for health insurance...which again is only fair. But Obamacare makes it illegal for an insurance company to charge women more than men for the same coverage...projected costs (and fairness) be damned. So that means that a woman who buys insurance via an Obamacare exchange will always pay less than her full fair price...while men who buy Obamacare insurance will always be required to pay MORE than their full fair share to help cover the slack given to females. So what that means is that...from this day forward...no woman (who buys healthcare via the Obamacare exchanges) can truthfully claim to be paying her own way in the world. No matter how militant a feminist she may be...no matter how loudly she may shriek that "I don't need no damn man to take care of me and pay my bills!"...or ..."I'm fully capable of taking care of my own damn self!"...it's all a crock. Because whether she likes it or not...if she's buying insurance via the Obamacare exchanges...she's NOT paying her full way in the world. And the government is making the men kick in a little extra to take care of the women because...after all...they're just girls. Amazing. You would think SOME feminists would oppose that just on self-respect and principle.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Cubans ready to sell out Joanne Chesimard if they get the chance Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- An Obama presser is hardly a “teachable moment” in gender studies Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NSA Christmas eve docu-dump contains bombshells about [redacted] Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2014: 31-40 Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- What if North Korea didn’t hack Sony? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago