But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
At the pt of 35 comments on this article there were zero,none claiming the facts laid out were untrue, because everyone knows they are true (even liberals). My point? This is what we are dealing with in the battle for our country. These boneheads know that they are lying, wrong and headed for socialism and destruction. This is crazy.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 21 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 23 hours ago