But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
Context, sounds like you along with the rest of us 49%'ers are stunned. I know i am.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 32 minutes ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago