Four weeks ago, President Obama delivered a speech in San Jose, California touting the supposed benefits of his signature healthcare law. For 85 percent of Americans, he claimed, the only change they'll experience is superior coverage. For virtually everyone else, there will be competitive exchanges in place starting next year, from which they'll be able to select affordable coverage. And if some people still aren't able to pay those new, lower rates, the government would step in with subsidies to make up the difference. Needless to say, his promises were deeply misleading at the time: Premiums were already heading...
In response to:
The 2300 Page bill now has given birth to a mind boggling 20,000 pages of HHS regulations! This monster should collapse!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 11 hours ago