Congress has inflicted frightful punishments on its members--now you know that. When they tried Mr. Fairoaks, and a cloud of witnesses proved him to be--well, you know what they proved him to be--and his own testimony and his own confessions gave him the same character, what did Congress do then?....Congress intimated plainly enough, that they considered him almost a stain upon their body; and without waiting ten days, hardly, to think the thing over, they rose up and hurled at him a resolution declaring that they disapproved of his conduct! Now you know that. –Colonel Beriah Sellers, The Gilded Age, Mark Twain,...
Organized and armed. It will be a struggle after the votes are counted and cancelled. Obama will _not_ permit votes for Romney/Ryan to stand unchallenged and/or thrown out.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago