I"m in upstate New York and remember Dede Scozzafava. Thanks for nothing, Karl.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- IRS employee suspended for urging taxpayers to ‘reelect President Obama’ Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Shannon Goessling, Kurt Schlichter Ed Morrissey 57 minutes ago
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago