I agree with Ms. Liebau that those two reporters deserve credit for calling what Reid did wrong, not matter what the true objectives are. Niow, it would be very refreshing to see TH and the rest of the Republican Est. condemn McCain and the rest for what he did to Rep. Bachmann and the 4 congressmen who simply asked questions concerning our security and the administrations policies of favortism towards the Muslim Brotherhood and their associations with terrorists.These letters were sent to the appropriate overseeing committees and were not sent to the press and no big deal would have been made if McCain did not need his injection of ego feeding publicity.These letters had been sent a month before McCain decided he needed to make noise.
When stalwart liberal apologists like Richard Cohen and Frank Bruni say you've gone too far -- well, you've gone waaaay too far. To their credit, both men have denounced what Cohen calls Reid's "gutter politics" and what Bruni refers to as having a "history of intemperate, borderline adolescent remarks."
Now, I'm sure both men are upset just because of their concern with civil, decent politics. But could it also be that their passionate denunciations of Reid's tactic stems from the realization that he has inadvertently handed Mitt Romney and the Republicans two huge gifts?
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago