Mark Mattioli on Monday in Hartford, Connecticut speaking in front of a gun violence task force. Mattioli receives a standing ovation at the end of his testimony in which he declares that more gun laws are not the solution--the massacres are only the "symptom" he says.
In response to:
As much as my heart goes out to the families of the victims we are going down the same road we took after 9/11. That is the the same road that has led to ground zero still being a pit after 12 years with people complaining about the amount of money they received while people from other disasters are mad they did not receive anything. Every decision having to be run by 20 or so interest groups, etc. As soon as we let a tragedy become political we lose control of it and it's sorrow. We turn it into a circus. . Being a family member of a victim does not make you an expert on writing good laws, the Constitutional Rights or anything except suffering and pain.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago