Mark Mattioli on Monday in Hartford, Connecticut speaking in front of a gun violence task force. Mattioli receives a standing ovation at the end of his testimony in which he declares that more gun laws are not the solution--the massacres are only the "symptom" he says.
In response to:
As much as my heart goes out to the families of the victims we are going down the same road we took after 9/11. That is the the same road that has led to ground zero still being a pit after 12 years with people complaining about the amount of money they received while people from other disasters are mad they did not receive anything. Every decision having to be run by 20 or so interest groups, etc. As soon as we let a tragedy become political we lose control of it and it's sorrow. We turn it into a circus. . Being a family member of a victim does not make you an expert on writing good laws, the Constitutional Rights or anything except suffering and pain.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 9 hours ago