You may not be surprised to learn, for instance, that a bunch of people find the Republican Party "scary," "narrow minded," "out of touch" and a party of "stuffy old men." Alas, the "perception that the GOP does not care about people is doing great harm to the...
In response to:
Some Republicans are considering amnesty for illegal aliens to buy Hispanic votes. Hispanics will thank them and keep voting for Democrats. 28.0% of Hispanics are below the poverty level. There are 83 federal programs that provide benefits exclusively for low-income residents. The fed spent $746 billion on these programs in 2011 and states added another $283 billion ($1.028 trillion total). Hispanics will vote for Republicans when they promise to outspend Democrats on these programs. newsandopinions dot net
Republicans now have a comprehensive "autopsy" report detailing some of the perceived and some of the real shortcomings of the 2012 presidential election. And the rather optimistically named Growth and Opportunity Project's report is jampacked with so many painfully obvious observations that one wonders why it had to be written in the first place.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago