In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
Some Republicans are considering amnesty for illegal aliens to buy Hispanic votes. Hispanics will thank them and keep voting for Democrats. 28.0% of Hispanics are below the poverty level. There are 83 federal programs that provide benefits exclusively for low-income residents. The fed spent $746 billion on these programs in 2011 and states added another $283 billion ($1.028 trillion total). Hispanics will vote for Republicans when they promise to outspend Democrats on these programs. newsandopinions dot net
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 23 minutes ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago