First, some points about the limits of polls. Random sample polling is an imprecise instrument. There's an error margin of 3 or 4 percent, and polling theory tells us that one out of 20 polls is wrong, with results outside the margin of error. Sometimes it's easy to spot such an...
Mr. Barone, while I might appreciate your "sensitive" approach to try to balance this subject, there is an almost inescapable reality with the polling FRAUD... Yes, I call it fraud for a very simple reason: Since roughly 1980 the polls have *almost* universally, and consistently, favored Democrats over Republicans. Certainly there are a few exceptions but on balance, and on the whole, they consistently and routinely favor Democrats. That is NOT chance anymore. No matter what criteria is being used it is consistently favoring Democrats. If they haven't figured out why after 30+ years, OR if they haven't adjusted for it, then it is plainly FRAUD! So please, I don't need any "schooling" to know they polls are ridiculously skewed.
As a recovering pollster (I worked for Democratic pollster Peter Hart from 1974 to 1981), let me weigh in on the controversy over whether the polls are accurate. Many conservatives are claiming that multiple polls have overly Democratic samples, and some charge that media pollsters are trying to discourage Republican voters.
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 10 mins ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 49 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 11 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 12 hours ago