Let us begin with the word "spend." Is the government "spending" money on people whenever it does not tax them as much as it can? Such convoluted reasoning would never pass muster if the mainstream media were not...
raising taxes on the rich has nothing to do with increasing revenues , it is only about 'fairness'. If you wanted to really raise revenues you would slash corp. tax rates to 15 %. You would see an explosion of business start ups . If you don't agree , why does Apple sell its software and Itunes from Nevada instead of Cal. ( hint : no corp. tax in NV) and why is Cisco headquartered in Ireland (hint : corp tax in Ireland 15 % , 35% in US why pay an extra 20 % of your profit in taxes
Anyone who wants to study the tricks of propaganda rhetoric has a rich source of examples in the statements of President Barack Obama. On Monday, July 9th, for example, he said that Republicans "believe that prosperity comes from the top down, so that if we spend trillions more on tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, that that will somehow unleash jobs and economic growth."
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 58 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 16 hours ago