The law student's father, Don Rosenberg of Westlake Village, Calif., has been waging a crusade ever since. He's angry at San Francisco's policy, announced by then-Mayor Gavin Newsom in 2009, that shielded unlicensed drivers from an automatic 30-day impoundment of their vehicles. He's furious that Galo...
In response to:
Switch to decaf Rancel. The Tea Party movement is about spending money we don't have. The color of the president doesn't matter to them.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials detained Roberto Galo on Wednesday morning. Galo is a legal immigrant but an unlicensed driver who, on Nov. 16, 2010, took a left turn at Harrison and 16th streets in San Francisco. His car struck law student Drew Rosenberg. Witnesses later testified that Galo then backed over Rosenberg, who died.
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Meriam Ibrahim lands in Italy, on way to US Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 12 hours ago