No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Republicans in the House and Senate had best not give in on taxes without negotiating real, current-year reductions in spending (not just reductions in the rate of increase in spending), or they will lose this registered Republican (since my first Republican vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980). And I'll feel the same way about the Republican Party that RR felt about the Democratic Party: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party left me."
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 12 hours ago