No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Republicans in the House and Senate had best not give in on taxes without negotiating real, current-year reductions in spending (not just reductions in the rate of increase in spending), or they will lose this registered Republican (since my first Republican vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980). And I'll feel the same way about the Republican Party that RR felt about the Democratic Party: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party left me."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 10 hours ago