No, you aren't dreaming. This post is a virtual facsimile of the 'fiscal cliff' piece I authored two weeks ago, replete with many of the same discouraging bells and whistles -- Democrats reveling in their leverage advantage, public opinion polls spelling doom for Republicans, and no tangible progress on the actual task at hand. If that sentence wasn't enough of a morale boost for you, feel free to read on. Liberals in Congress, led by incoming Senate Budget Committee Chair Patty Murray, are ostentatiously demonstrating an insatiable appetite for fiscal cliff-diving. Their...
Republicans in the House and Senate had best not give in on taxes without negotiating real, current-year reductions in spending (not just reductions in the rate of increase in spending), or they will lose this registered Republican (since my first Republican vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980). And I'll feel the same way about the Republican Party that RR felt about the Democratic Party: "I didn't leave the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party left me."
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago