I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
Gov. Christie is so popular because of his personality and style more than his policies. He is wonderful on fiscal issues but pretty shaky on social. However, he shouldn't be pushed out of the conservative orbit any more than Sarah Palin should have been pushed out of the Republican orbit.
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago