I get it. New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is not a perfect conservative -- far from it, in fact. His embrace of the president during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath was overly effusive, even if it aligned with his bipartisan, results-oriented brand. His decision to accept Obamacare's Medicaid expansion after blasting it as a form of "extortion" is a hypocritical, government-growing mistake. His cautious hedging on gun control rankles...
Gov. Christie is so popular because of his personality and style more than his policies. He is wonderful on fiscal issues but pretty shaky on social. However, he shouldn't be pushed out of the conservative orbit any more than Sarah Palin should have been pushed out of the Republican orbit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago