I, for one agree wholeheartedly with the Indians! And while they are at it, the Florida Seminoles and their idiotic chop gesture should be banned as well. As one who has lived among the Navajos for 8 years, I have seen the ill treatment by the white man (I am white) to all Indian tribes and their destruction of them over many years. I feel that many in Washington still fear an Indian uprising.

Another Benchmark Fail in Obama Revolution

bilken Wrote: Apr 11, 2014 9:30 AM
I have a tendency to call it Obama's revulsion because when I see a picture of him I am on the verge of gagging.
If Bush and Clinton are the choices for 2016, I won't be using any gas to get to the polls. After all, "What difference does it make"?

The Government We Deserve

bilken Wrote: Mar 30, 2014 7:21 AM
I was admonished by a columnist when I told him I was changing party affiliation from life long republican who had worked in Barry Goldwater's Toledo, Ohio office and was looking at different available ones other than independent. He stated that it would only help the democrats get their candidate elected. What would make the difference when we have Boehner, Graham, McConnell, Peter King, ad nauseam?

Killing Liberty With Kindness

bilken Wrote: Jan 19, 2014 9:52 AM
"endowed by their creator"? According to present day thinking there is no such thing. Therefore, no rights unless government says so. "Provide for the general welfare" Nothing specific about that, It leaves Congress open to anything and everything. unlimited power to legislate in all cases.
Holder and Obama would do well to watch or watch again the movie with Sydney Poitier in, "Guess who's coming to Dinner," where he is talking to his father, "You think of yourself as a black man, I think of myself as man"
As an old military man, I always considered Major Gen William "Bill" Mitchell the true father of the Air Force.

Let’s Go Nuclear!

bilken Wrote: Nov 24, 2013 8:06 AM
Hopefully, someone with sense (doubtful) will replace McConnell and he can stay in Kaintuck

The Problem With Libertarians

bilken Wrote: Nov 07, 2013 9:12 AM
You mention Grover Norquist. In my simplistic reasoning he has always been suspect in many ways. Although I am a member of the hated NRA by many and he is on the board of directors, I do not trust him especially with his views of socalled moderate Muslims.

The New “Newspeak” Test

bilken Wrote: Nov 06, 2013 8:32 AM
It's not even started as of yet. Wait until the passage of the ENDA act. Freedom of religion? nope. freedom of speech? nope. Freedom to run your own business? Not unless you have a federal employee watching 24/7 and listening.