What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
Few farmers now days, milk their own cows, bake their own bread and such, but rather go to the store and buy it. I can't say how many might have a food storage program, such as root cellars, but jump in their pick ups and head for town to buy their stuff like us city slickers. Growing up on a farm where we pretty much self sufficient when it to food stuffs, but not any more. Many farmers too, get tired of the daily grind and low prices for their products, sell out and shortly there after theit old home place is turned into a shopping mall, ot a housing project, so, away goes the farms. Sad!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 8 hours ago