I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
So anonymous, where is the Tea Party's candidate for president? Talk is cheap isn't it, until it's time for the rubber to make contact with the road? I personally like some of the ideas put forth by the Tea Party, but think they're spineless when it come to putting up or shutting up!
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 14 hours ago