I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
Ah yes, legalize everything, since the idea is that it's going to happen anyway. New modern America, no holds barred, anything goes. Nice to know that plane pilots, doctors, police, fire fighters, medics, even our politicians would have freedom to smoke a joint, shoot up, use LSD, and many of the drugs that cause craziness, and still have the effects when going on duty or on shift. Can you imagine the crew of a hospital's emergency getting high on their break, or cop stopping you for a traffic infraction high on speed? Anyway, if that's what you want America, I say go for it. If that's the type of freedom you want, go for it? Is this country great or what?.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 12 hours ago