I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
Ah yes, legalize everything, since the idea is that it's going to happen anyway. New modern America, no holds barred, anything goes. Nice to know that plane pilots, doctors, police, fire fighters, medics, even our politicians would have freedom to smoke a joint, shoot up, use LSD, and many of the drugs that cause craziness, and still have the effects when going on duty or on shift. Can you imagine the crew of a hospital's emergency getting high on their break, or cop stopping you for a traffic infraction high on speed? Anyway, if that's what you want America, I say go for it. If that's the type of freedom you want, go for it? Is this country great or what?.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Evan Sayet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Mystery deepens: Missing Malaysian jet reportedly flew hundreds of miles in the wrong direction Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Andrew Malcolm, Melissa Henson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago