I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
Ah yes, legalize everything, since the idea is that it's going to happen anyway. New modern America, no holds barred, anything goes. Nice to know that plane pilots, doctors, police, fire fighters, medics, even our politicians would have freedom to smoke a joint, shoot up, use LSD, and many of the drugs that cause craziness, and still have the effects when going on duty or on shift. Can you imagine the crew of a hospital's emergency getting high on their break, or cop stopping you for a traffic infraction high on speed? Anyway, if that's what you want America, I say go for it. If that's the type of freedom you want, go for it? Is this country great or what?.
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 13 hours ago