I still don't understand why people take drugs. Can't they just pour themselves a nice shot of bourbon? On the other hand, as Gary S. Becker and Kevin M. Murphy argue, in a lucid...
So this means, states don't have the authority to prohibit DUI, and like my state, smoking in public places, and an open container law? Legalizing drugs to rob the pusher of profits? Does this mean US drug manufacturers would suddenly be dropping the prices of their products due to competition from Canada. and elsewhere?
Forty-odd (exceedingly odd, I might add) years ago, who would have envisioned a national war against drugs? Nobody took drugs -- nobody you knew, nobody but jazz musicians and funny foreign folk. Then, after a while, it came to seem that everybody did. Drugs became a new front in the war on an old social culture that was taking hard licks aplenty in those days.
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 15 mins ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 54 mins ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago