Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
Which would be cheaper, to wait and fight an attack on U.S. soil, or keep any major aggressor at arms length and fight him on his own turf? So far in history except for 9/11 and our own civil war and revolution, there have never been any conflict fought on the continental U. S. of A.
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago