I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
Carter choked overseas... Obama got Osama In 3 debates Romney never actually explained any real numbers (Paul Ryan: "It'd take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan.") People cry about how awful Obama is and wasteful spending... the fact is in a depression you increase government spending and taxes, the GOP wouldn't allow tax hikes, so yeah, big deficit... Supply siders will argue to the grave that I'm an idiot and Keynesian economics are bull, but numbers are a stubborn thing: During the administrations of the four Democrats, real GDP expanded 4.1% per annum, 1.2 percentage points faster than the average growth during Republican administrations of 2.9% per annum.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 29 mins ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago