I did not make that prediction as a political columnist, or as the former Libertarian Presidential contender, or the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee. I relied on my career as a Las Vegas oddsmaker. Long before I got into politics, I started out as the Network Oddsmaker and NFL Analyst for CNBC (then known as Financial News Network). I've made my living for the past 27 years predicting the winners of sporting events, like the Super...
In response to:
Carter choked overseas... Obama got Osama In 3 debates Romney never actually explained any real numbers (Paul Ryan: "It'd take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan.") People cry about how awful Obama is and wasteful spending... the fact is in a depression you increase government spending and taxes, the GOP wouldn't allow tax hikes, so yeah, big deficit... Supply siders will argue to the grave that I'm an idiot and Keynesian economics are bull, but numbers are a stubborn thing: During the administrations of the four Democrats, real GDP expanded 4.1% per annum, 1.2 percentage points faster than the average growth during Republican administrations of 2.9% per annum.
On May 30th, I made a prediction that shocked the readers of TownHall. I predicted a Romney landslide- with Obama leading in every poll.
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 mins ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago