How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Have you heard of this proposal that is going around for a 28th Amendment? Goes like this ... "Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States ." I believe it takes 38 states to convene a Constitutional Convention. How do we get this started?
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 8 hours ago