And whether it works or not, I´d support blacklists, boycotts, etc., just for principles´sake. Your idea sounds great, but there are many, many ideological liberals who would gladly lose money to stand up for their views. They´d wear it as a badge of honor. Take Hollywood - many producers would rather make something that will be accepted by their peers and earn less money. Time and again, the biggest sellers are the more wholesome movies, but they would rather impress their peers and push their leftist ideas than sell tickets.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago