And whether it works or not, I´d support blacklists, boycotts, etc., just for principles´sake. Your idea sounds great, but there are many, many ideological liberals who would gladly lose money to stand up for their views. They´d wear it as a badge of honor. Take Hollywood - many producers would rather make something that will be accepted by their peers and earn less money. Time and again, the biggest sellers are the more wholesome movies, but they would rather impress their peers and push their leftist ideas than sell tickets.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago