And whether it works or not, I´d support blacklists, boycotts, etc., just for principles´sake. Your idea sounds great, but there are many, many ideological liberals who would gladly lose money to stand up for their views. They´d wear it as a badge of honor. Take Hollywood - many producers would rather make something that will be accepted by their peers and earn less money. Time and again, the biggest sellers are the more wholesome movies, but they would rather impress their peers and push their leftist ideas than sell tickets.
One of the biggest problems that conservatives have in this country is that we're far too willing to support people who mock, despise and hate us. They tell the world we're awful people and then we turn right around and put money in their pockets and help them become bigger stars. Meanwhile, conservative celebrities are afraid to support Republican candidates or speak up for conservatism because they know the Left will unleash a tsunami of hysteria on them. In other words, there may be a lot more conservatives than there are liberals, but celebrities can get away with criticizing us,...
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Study: Nighty network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago