We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
In America, we test EVERYONE. It is part of what has always been considered "American Education"--we give everyone the same shot, regardless of disability or ability. This will ALWAYS keep us in the middle of the pack on these lists. There are very few countries ahead of us on that list that do the same thing, and I personally think it's irresponsible for TH to try and spin it as such.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 9 hours ago