We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
In America, we test EVERYONE. It is part of what has always been considered "American Education"--we give everyone the same shot, regardless of disability or ability. This will ALWAYS keep us in the middle of the pack on these lists. There are very few countries ahead of us on that list that do the same thing, and I personally think it's irresponsible for TH to try and spin it as such.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 minutes ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 32 minutes ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 3 hours ago