We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
In America, we test EVERYONE. It is part of what has always been considered "American Education"--we give everyone the same shot, regardless of disability or ability. This will ALWAYS keep us in the middle of the pack on these lists. There are very few countries ahead of us on that list that do the same thing, and I personally think it's irresponsible for TH to try and spin it as such.
- CNN source: Yes, the Malaysian jet sent engine data hours after it disappeared; AP source: No, it didn’t Allahpundit 19 minutes ago
- Video: Ron Paul defends Crimea’s referendum on annexation by Russia Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Video: Old man yells at cloud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Let’s face it, Democrats are going to lose the Senate Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Dwayne Epstein, Marc Hyden Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago