It's enough to make you wonder whether Samantha twitched her nose and cast a spell on the robed wonders. Or,...
How many paid full-time chaplains were there ever in *Alcatraz*...?? (A prison that *worked*)
In its wisdom -- and yes, I am being ironic -- the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco issued a ruling Tuesday that revives a California inmate lawsuit to force the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to hire a paid, full-time Wiccan chaplain. Oddly, the three-judge panel found that the complaint "did not contain sufficient facts to support a cognizable legal theory under the First Amendment." Nonetheless, the court overturned a federal judge's 2011 dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: The angriest atheist Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Police protect Jewish students from Pro-Palestinian mob…in Boston Guy Benson 8 hours ago