Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 20 mins ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago