Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
What are you talking about? How does it feel to be mentally ill? f off shiitehead
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago