Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
what are you talking about? Iraq was a historic success and so is Afghanistan-where our troops have done what many like said could not be done-representative governments now rule-not terrorists. Stop back-stabbing our troops. I have written here of my disagreement on procedures and my support for President Bush-your comments there are dismissed. I wish I had been the one to personally shoot bin laden in the eye. So what where he was hiding? What does that have to do with anything? Do you read your posts? Our "enemy" was in Iraq and Afghanistan, thanks to simpletons like you who put the clintons in office and then let this entire situation erupt into 9-11. Liberals like you are responsible for this entire mess. Ahole.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 10 hours ago