Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 23 minutes ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 3 hours ago