Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago