Former President Bill Clinton, who suffered significant political damage after signing into law the original assault weapons ban, is cautioning President Obama against patronizing his gun control opponents, in particular gun owners.
Appearing before Obama's National Finance Committee and various business leaders, Clinton stressed that guns present different cultural complexities than other political issues.
"Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," he said, according to Politico.
Clinton's words are wise, but it may be too late. The Obama campaign team has already
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 20 mins ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 3 hours ago