Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- Obama: How terrible of Congress to ruin Christmas by … causing people to lose their insurance Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Confirmed: Martin Bashir too nasty even for MSNBC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ADP report: 215K private-sector jobs added in November Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Whodunit: Hezbollah leader killed in Beirut Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Report: 29,000 sign-ups on Healthcare.gov in first two days of December Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Waterloo: Obama now below 40 percent approval on nearly every issue polled Guy Benson 4 hours ago