For the first time in Gallup trends since 2000, a majority of Americans say it is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure all Americans have healthcare coverage. Prior to 2009, a majority always felt the government should ensure healthcare coverage for all, though Americans' views have become more divided in recent years...Republicans, including Republican-leaning independents, are mostly responsible for the drop since 2007 in Americans' support for government...
In response to:
The plan calls for all the deadbeat liberals demanding free stuff to pay for insurance or they get fined through the IRS. They don't have jobs, they don't have money, they cannot pay the fines. No money is going to be paid into the plan. It will collapse rapidly, and the only way to make the plan work is to deny care and allow patients to die quickly.
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 31 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago